At a Glance
Legacy Care is currently recruiting a Transitional Care Management (TCM) Nurse Practitioner with an active Virginia license. This is a full-time position in an acute/telehealth environment.
Legacy Care is a nurse and physician-led medical group of physicians and advanced care practitioners who deliver quality care to patients in post-acute, long-term care, inpatient rehabilitation and assisted living communities across the nation. We are devoted to ensuring a patient’s healthcare experience meets their individual needs across the continuum of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In one or more of the acute and telehealth environments, the TCM Nurse Practitioner will provide the following:
- TCM/Advanced Care Planning patient visits
- Collaborate with Case Management and acute teams (in acute setting)
- Establish transitional communication post-acute facilities if applicable
- Devise, document and maintain a transitional care plan
- Communicate with patient and family regarding transitional care plan
- Refer to ancillary services as needed
- Collaborate with PCP and specialty care teams
- Ensure continuity across all care levels during the transition period
- Document visit and enter coordinating charges
- Maintain communication with collaborating physician
- Deliver superior care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity
- Serve as the patient resource for transitional care information and follow-up care coordination during the transition period
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Highlights and Benefits of Working @ Legacy Care
- Highly competitive compensation
- Professional clinical and administrative support from a seasoned team of healthcare specialists
- Legacy Care managed billing and credentialing
- Medical Malpractice Coverage Available
- Corporate paid AMDA membership
- Ability to participate in the company’s ESOP
- Robust employee benefits plan offering medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with employer match potential, paid time off, and pet insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Nurse Practitioner degree from an accredited nursing school
- BLS certification required and ACLS certification preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in acute, post-acute, gerontology preferred
- Valid nurse practitioner state license and DEA in good standing
- Ability to work within a team and take directions
- Proficiency with EMR
- Preferance for Nurse Practitioners who are privileged with local healthcare systems
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to adapt to change and redirect stressful situations
- Commitment to Company values and ethics
- Dependability: Personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: Must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Results Driven
- Creativity: Makes constructive suggestions and creates innovative solutions to problems
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.